About Bulgarian Concert Evenings in New York
Bulgarian Concert Evenings in New York (BCENY) presents classical and contemporary chamber music series performed at the highest standards by world renowned Bulgarian and international artists. BCENY annually features exceptional Bulgarian young musicians at the season's closing concert at Carnegie Hall in New York.
Since the establishment of Bulgarian Concert Evenings in New York in the fall of 2005, all aspects of the concert series have been managed by volunteer musicians from Bulgaria. Most concerts are presented, thanks to support provided by the American Foundation from Bulgaria and the generous donations of individual contributors from the community.
SUGGESTED DONATION is $25.00 to all concerts at the Bulgarian Consulate General, 121 East 62nd Street, New York City. Seating is very limited. You can also reserve front-row seats to the concerts and become a valued sponsor, ensuring the continuation of our concerts for next season, by subscribing to the concert series. To do so, please send us a tax-deductible contribution of $25 per person, per concert, to Bulgarian Concert Evenings, P.O. Box 231160, New York, NY 10023. Please make checks payable to the American Foundation for Bulgaria, our umbrella organization. This makes your donation tax-deductible.
For additional information, to join our mailing list or receive a printed brochure, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, follow us on twitter @BCENY.
Anna Stoytcheva, Co-Chair
Lora Tchekoratova, Co-Chair
Roussina Valkova, Design, Technology, Art Direction
Emil Stoytchev, Production
Taylor Pope, Program Coordinator
Lora Al Ahmad
Bulgarian Concert Evenings in New York
P. O. Box 231160
New York, NY 10023
For general reservations, please email: email@example.com.
• • •
About American Foundation for Bulgaria
The mission of American Foundation for Bulgaria (AFB) is to support, encourage and promote excellence in education, natural sciences, liberal arts, culture and the arts. The Foundation’s goal is to help individuals gain access to educational, training, research and cultural exchange opportunities of the highest quality which will prepare them for success in today’s knowledge-based world. AFB is committed to encouraging young people to develop their talent and achieve their goals in any chosen field through supporting educational and research strategies and programs that address the needs of individuals at all levels while maintaining a commitment to rigor and high standards. AFB is one source of support for these activities and works mainly by making grants and managing programs that build capacity and strengthen organizations and networks. Since the Foundation’s financial resources are modest in comparison with societal needs, the focus is on a limited number of problem areas and program strategies within the broad goals.
American Foundation for Bulgaria also endeavors to continuously promote and contribute towards intellectual cooperation between Bulgaria and the United States.
AFB is proud to be a primary sponsor of the Bulgarian Concert Evenings for the ninth consecutive season. In addition to this exceptional series, AFB is involved with the following programs:
• Support to the Bulgarian Olympic Teams in Science.
• Scientific Olympic Scholarship Program for students.
• Funding for competitions in science and informatics.
• Secondary Education Scholarship Program.
• Secondary Education Extra-Curricular Program.
• University Scholarship Program, which AFB jointly sponsors with The Tianaderrah Foundation and The St. Cyril and St. Methodius International Foundation.
• University Research and Cooperation Programs.
• Competitions in International Law.
• Cultural Heritage preservation in Bulgaria.
• Grants and Financial Support for Literature programs.
• University Student Film Production Grants.
• The ‘Early Bird’ Film Festival for students in film-making.
• Participation of Bulgarian film-makers in film festivals.
• Sponsorship of the Film Audience Academy in Sofia.
• Sponsorship of the National Students’ Drawing Competition.
• Support for the Sofia Brass Quintet Concert.
• The Bulgarian Children’s Choir in New York City.